We love the 4th of July because the flags are waving, the BBQ’s are heating up, and the kids are ready to enjoy the sun with their friends and family! To help you in your preparatin for the holiday, we share our favorite savory and sweet treats to complete the perfect 4th of July BBQ, which you can also find on our latest Pinterest board, 4th of July Party Inspiration!
15 Tasty Ideas for a 4th of July BBQ
1. Strawberry Fruit Cup: Hallow out a strawberry for some whip cream and top it with a blueberry. Source: Laura Sec.
2. Fruit Ice Cubes: Add a strawberry or blueberry when making ice cubes, and once they melt, you’ve got delicious fruit in your water. Source: Mom.me.
3. Grilled Corn with Poblano Lime Crema: Add cilantro, lime, and sour cream with adobo sauce. Source: PBS.
4. Pomegranate Lemonade: Add pomegranate seeds and lemon slices to make a colorful batch of lemonade. Source: Dan330.
5. Grilled Veggie Tacos: Add black beans, zucchini, corn, feta cheese, cilantro and lime for a healthy option. Source: betsylife.
6. USA Cake: What a better way to celebrate, than by baking a cake that screams – red, white and blue! Source: Glorious Treats.
7. Chicken Skewers: Add bell pepper and onion to marinated chicken to make the perfect grilled skewer. Source: A Hint of Honey.
8. Blueberry Lemonade: Add blueberries to make a perfect lemonade. Mason jars with blue straws complete the look! Source: FreePeople Blog.
9. Grilled Open-Face Veggie Sandwich: Grill eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper to add to an open face sandwich. Source: Edible Perspective.
10. 4th of July Cupcakes: Add strawberries and blueberries to the top of white frosted cupcakes. Source: Stylish Eve.
11. Pasta Salad: Add strawberries, balsamic, pasta bows, feta, and any other combination for the perfect pasta salad! Source: Gimme Some Oven.
12. Watermelon Stars: Cut watermelon into the shape of stars, and add toothpicks for a sweet and healthy snack. Source: Kara’s Party Ideas.
13. Grilled Avocado: Stuff a grilled avocado with tomato, basil, feta and top it with sea salt for a savory side. Source: Skinny Mom.
14. Grilled Asparagus Topped with a Poached Egg: Grill your asparagus and bread, and top it with a poached egg. Source: Brit & Co.
15. 4th of July Fruit Drink: Cut banana stars, and add strawberries and blueberries for a perfect 4th of July drink! Source: Random Creative.